Body and Appearance
1. Describe the character's height and build. Is he heavyset, thin, short, rangy?
2. How old is he?
Older than he looks.
3. Describe his posture. Does he carry himself well or does he slouch?
He has decent posture. Very relaxed.
4. How is his health? Is he fit or out of shape? Any illnesses or conditions? Any physical disabilities?
He's in relatively good shape. It's a survival thing.
5. How does he move? Is he clumsy, graceful, tense, fluid?
Again, very relaxed. Which is deceptive. He's always looking out for possible threats.
6. How attractive is this character physically? How does he perceive himself in the mirror?
He's fairly attractive, if you like your men scruffy and rumpled. He honestly doesn't think of it at all.
7. Describe his complexion. Dark, light, clear, scarred?
Pale. Fairly clear.
8. Describe his hair: color, texture, style.
Dark, straight, gravity-defying.
9. What color are his eyes?
10. Does the character have any other noteworthy features?
He's permanently scruffy.
11. What are his chief tension centers?
12. What is the character's wardrobe like? Casual, dressy, utilitarian?
Hobo chic. And he always wears his hat.
13. Do his clothes fit well? Does he seem comfortable in them?
He usually wears his clothes a bit too big, but he does seem comfortable in them.
14. Does he dress the same on the job as he does in his free time? If not, what are the differences?
15. You knew it was coming: Boxers, briefs or commando?
Boxers. When he remembers to put on underwear.
1. What does this character's voice sound like? High-pitched, deep, hoarse?
Medium timbre, a bit squeaky when he's excited or nervous, slightly whiny in tone.
2. How does he normally speak? Loud, soft, fast, evenly? Does he talk easily, or does he hesitate?
He's usually trying to calm someone down, so he tends to speak evenly, and he often sounds distracted.
3. Does the character have a distinct accent or dialect? Any individual quirks of pronunciation? Any, like, you know, verbal tics?
He has what I believe is called a mockney accent (not actually cockney but close enough to fool the punters), with a bit of Yorkshire thrown in for good measure.
4. What language/s does he speak, and with how much fluency?
5. Does he switch languages or dialects in certain situations?
6. Is he a good impromptu speaker, or does he have to think about his words?
He's an excellent impromptu speaker, but he also thinks about his words. He just does it quickly.
7. Is he eloquent or inarticulate? Under what circumstances might this change?
He can be eloquent when he needs to be for survival, but not when he's personally interested in something.
Mental and Emotional
1. How intelligent is this character? Is he book-smart or street-smart?
Very, very street-smart.
2. Does he think on his feet, or does he need time to deliberate?
He's always thinking on his feet. Even his plans are spontaneous.
3. Describe the character's thought process. Is he more logical, or more intuitive? Idealistic or practical?
Intuitive and practical.
4. What kind of education has the character had?
Whatever sort of compulsory education Wonderland has, I'd imagine.
5. What are his areas of expertise? What, if anything, is he interested in learning more about?
Tea and subterfuge. Right now he's interested in staying alive and free.
6. Is he an introvert or an extrovert?
7. Describe the character's temperament. Is he even-tempered or does he have mood swings? Cheerful or melancholy? Laid-back or driven?
He tries to be even-tempered because it's safer that way. And he fakes cheerfulness very well. He's quite driven but appears laid-back.
8. How does he respond to new people or situations? Is he suspicious, relaxed, timid, enthusiastic?
He's always suspicious, but he feigns friendliness.
9. Is he more likely to act, or to react?
10. Which is his default: fight or flight?
11. Describe the character's sense of humor. Does he appreciate jokes? Puns? Gallows humor? Bathroom humor? Pranks?
He thinks he's hilarious. And sometimes he is amusing. He does appreciate a good joke, and definitely gallows humor. Pranks not so much.
12. Does the character have any diagnosable mental disorders? If yes, how does he deal with them?
13. What moments in this character's life have defined him as a person?
The Queen coming back to power. Soon meeting Alice as well.
14. What does he fear?
The Suits or the White Rabbit finding out he's working for the Resistance.
15. What are his hopes or aspirations?
Wonderland throwing off the power of the Casino and its Teas.
16. What is something he doesn't want anyone to find out about him?
That he's working as a double agent.
1. Describe this character's relationship with his parents.
I have no idea. I'm not sure he had parents in any way that is at all meaningful.
2. Does the character have any siblings? What is/was their relationship like?
Nope. Only child.
3. Are there other blood relatives to whom he is close? Are there ones he can't stand?
Nope. No family to speak of.
4. Are there other, unrelated people whom he considers part of his family? What are his relationships with them?
5. Who is/was the character's best friend? How did they meet?
He doesn't really have friends.
6. Does he have other close friends?
7. Does he make friends easily, or does he have trouble getting along with people?
See above. Also, he's very good at getting along with people. It's how he survives
8. Which does he consider more important: family or friends?
9. Is the character single, married, divorced, widowed? Has he been married more than once?
10. Is he currently in a romantic relationship with someone other than a spouse?
11. Who was his first crush? Who is his latest?
12. What does he look for in a romantic partner?
Discretion? He doesn't really look for romantic partners.
13. Does the character have children? Grandchildren? If yes, how does he relate to them? If no, does he want any?
14. Does he have any rivals or enemies?
The Queen, the Suits, The White Rabbit. And Dodo to a lesser extent.
15. What is the character's sexual orientation? Where does he fall on the Kinsey scale?
Right in the middle.
16. How does he feel about sex? How important is it to him?
He quite enjoys it when he can get it, but it's not hugely important to him.
17. What are his turn-ons? Turn-offs? Weird bedroom habits?
Availability? He likes to be with someone he cares about.
1. Do you know your character's astrological (zodiac of choice) sign? How well does he fit type?
I don't know his sign.
2. Is this character religious, spiritual, both, or neither? How important are these elements in his life?
3. Does this character have a personal code of morals or ethics? If so, how did that begin? What would it take to compromise it?
He looks after himself first of all, but he's a sucker for people in trouble. And he'll do whatever he has to to help them however he can.
4. How does he regard beliefs that differ from his? Is he tolerant, intolerant, curious, indifferent?
Mostly he finds them perplexing.
5. What prejudices does he hold? Are they irrational or does he have a good reason for them?
He's kind of prejudiced against Oysters.
1. What is the character's financial situation? Is he rich, poor, comfortable, in debt?
He manages. He mostly uses his assets from the teashop to smuggle for the Resistance.
2. What is his social status? Has this changed over time, and if so, how has the change affected him?
I think he's sort of Wonderland's version of upper middle class.
3. Where does he live? House, apartment, trailer? Is his home his castle or just a place to crash? What condition is it in? Does he share it with others?
He has a flat above his shop.
4. Besides the basic necessities, what does he spend his money on?
5. What does he do for a living? Is he good at it? Does he enjoy it, or would he rather be doing something else?
He runs a teashop, which is kind of like a trading floor.
6. What are his interests or hobbies? How does he spend his free time?
Between the shop and the Resistance, he doesn't really have free time.
7. What are his eating habits? Does he skip meals, eat out, drink alcohol, avoid certain foods?
He'll eat just about anything.
Which of the following do you associate with the character, or which is his favorite:
1. Color? purple
2. Smell? tea
3. Time of day? night
4. Season? fall
5. Book? ...Alice in Wonderland
6. Music? something with violins
7. Place? the Library
8. Substance? fabric
9. Plant? oak
10. Animal? Jabberwocky